- Total revenues were $153.6 billion. Adjusted revenues1 were $140.2 billion in 2019.
- Shareholders' net income for 2019 was $5.1 billion, or $13.44 per share, representing per share growth of 28% over 2018
- Adjusted income from operations2 for 2019 was $6.5 billion, or $17.05 per share, representing per share growth of 20% over 2018
- Adjusted revenues1,3 are projected to be in the range of $154 billion to $156 billion in 2020, representing growth of 10% to 11% over 2019
- Adjusted income from operations2,3 is projected to be in the range of $6.8 billion to $7.0 billion in 2020, or $18.00 to $18.60 per share3
Global health service company Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) today reported strong 2019 results driven by focused execution across its businesses.
"In the first year of our combination, as a result of our focus on execution, partnering, and ongoing innovation, Cigna delivered on our commitments to customers, clients, and shareholders," said David M. Cordani, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Our strong momentum going into 2020 positions us for continued growth, and to deliver sustained value for our customers and clients, as we create greater affordability, predictability and simplicity for their benefit."
Total revenues for 2019 were $153.6 billion. Adjusted revenues1 were $140.2 billion and reflect strong contributions from each of Cigna's ongoing businesses.
Shareholders' net income for 2019 was $5.1 billion, or $13.44 per share, compared with $2.6 billion, or $10.54 per share, for 2018.
Cigna's adjusted income from operations2 for 2019 was $6.5 billion, or $17.05 per share, compared with $3.6 billion, or $14.22 per share, for 2018. This represents per share growth of 20% and reflects strong earnings contributions led by the Health Services and Integrated Medical segments. Cigna's cash flow from operations for 2019 was $9.5 billion, compared with $3.8 billion for 2018.
Reconciliations of total revenues to adjusted revenues1 and of shareholders' net income to adjusted income from operations2 are provided on the following page, and on Exhibit 1 of this earnings release.